Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Inaugural Spat

So this is the initial entry in my blog where I am gonna blab about crap that nobody cares about. Well mostly I will blab about the Toronto Raptors and the NBA. I might also make mention other Toronto sports and happenings.

So since it is the topic of the day, lets talk about the latest Raptor loss to the Pacers. Yes it was a dreadful game and who do I blame? Let's see, first I would blame Hedo Jurkoglu for throwing up air balls, bricks, and handing the Pacers some juicy turnovers. What pisses me off about him is that he commits these stupid turnovers, then goes and fouls the guy. It's something a kid would do on a playground. You take a ball away from me, so what am I gonna do? I'll shove you for no reason.

I really don't understand why he hasn't gelled with this team. This team is based on a certain level of talent in terms of shooting and passing ability. Play making. As Hedo is known for all of these characteristics, it just blows my mind how he hasn't been able to fit in. My opinion is that he's just lackadaisical, not focused, and not putting forth effort. Just from my personal observation... his head doesn't seem to be in the games. In the paper he complains about the team not being like the Magic and not having the ball enough. I respond to those comments by thinking, are you not a professional player? Can you not figure out how to make your game work with this system? It doesn't seem like a difficult system. You run around some screens that Bosh or Bargnani are setting and you shoot the ball. Or heck, post someone up. You're 6'10'' and I have seen you have success in the post.

So what's the solution? I am not quite sure to be honest. I guess what we're doing is sitting it out and hoping he falls in line. For $52 million I guess what else can we do? It's frustrating but at the same time I guess we can give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't know about these knee-jerk reaction trades that some people are suggesting to me. I mean if we did that we would have traded away Bargnani for next to nothing and I don't think there's too many Raptor fans out there that would agree to that anymore.

I guess the only thing we can do is sit, watch and hope that Hedo gets better. I don't care if he is giving us a lot of assists. I don't think Colangelo signed him knowing he was gonna average 13 points a game. Barely outscoring Jack and Calderon.

No comments:

Post a Comment