Friday, January 15, 2010

Pittsburgh Penguins

Wow, I can't believe the Penguins won that one lastnight. Penguins beat the Oilers 3-2 in a game where neither Crosby nor Malkin scored or got a point. That secondary unit, particularly Staal deserves some major props.

Their powerplay is pretty weak still and I don't know why they don't try to mix it up a bit more to try to get more out of it. I would put Malkin in as either the LW or the person in the crease distracting the goalie. It's obviously not working with him on the point. Have Gonchar on the point still and perhaps Letang on the other D. I don't know how it would work but it would be nice to work Staal into the first PP unit as well cause of his strong skating and puck handling. Particularly behind the net and in the boards.

In Toronto sports news, the Leafs won lastnight against the Fliers. Good to see some amount of skill on this team and some of the young guys contributing. Lots of points from Bozak and Kessel. Also, Schenn chipped in as well with a rare goal. Surprising win against a decent Fliers team. I prefer to called them the Fliers as I am not very fond of this team being a Pens/Leafs fan.

Tonight the Raptors take on the New York Pants. Looks like a good matchup of weak teams. Both of which of star Italians players. I predict lots of pasta flying everywhere and the occasional I-talian hugs. I hope that Bosh can once again show that he's not the Rupaul of bigmen in the big apple. However, with the season he's been having I don't think he has anything to prove. He's been a beast on the boards but if he can only kick this butterfingers thing where he can't catch a pass and keeps turning the ball over 4 or 5 times a game.

Predictions? I think the Raps will lose being the optimist I am. The Raptors have that habit of dropping games to lesser teams and this is the perfect opportunity for that to happen again. Add the fact that their on the road and that is ususally kryptonite to Barganani and you got the makings of a big fat L. I hope I am wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment